Life in Hannah's Dorm

So, I haven't written in awhile, and when I have written, it's not really that much about my life. So, I thought I'd let you all know that BYU is going well. My days are spent with classes, studying, goofing off with people in the dorms and volunteering. I love all the service opportunities around campus! And since it's November, I couldn't go a November without National Novel Writing Month. True, I'm somewhat behind, at 23,000 words. But I'm catching up, as I used to be even further behind. And still, I have not been as far behind at any point as I was at times last year. And I still made it last year.

My dorm room has been decorated all nice and pretty for Christmas. We have a snowman figurine, Christmas lights, a tiny little tree and a nativity scene--those were all the decorations that I had, and Michelle (my roommate) had none at all. But we are well decked out for Christmas, and are complimented on the decorations everytime someone's in our room, and the boys actually have heard about it and come to the dorm during visiting hours to see our decorations! Apparently, we're becoming a tourist attraction! The hall advisor also complimented us on our decorations last night as she was checking to make sure that we cleaned our room. We passed by the way. She came in, looked around and said, "You two are definitely good. Even your walls look clean." Apparently, Michelle and I have a reputation around the floor and beyond of having a clean room. Maybe that's because we're both a little bit obsessive about cleanliness and tidiness, and if we have a few socks on the floor on our side, we say, "Girl, I'm so sorry about the mess. I promise I'll clean it up pretty soon here." We don't get angry with one another though, so I don't know why we apologize, but we both do it.

I have been plagued by an illness so graciously bestowed upon me by the girl behind me in the testing center during my second American Heritage midterm exam, but I have recovered. I still, however, enjoy hating the name of that girl--whom I don't even know. But she was coughing, sneezing and snotting all over me throughout the 1 hr 15-30 mins that I was in that testing center. Several times, because it was so nasty and distracting, I considered just upping and moving to another spot, but I didn't know if that was allowed. When I related this story to my American Heritage TA, he assured me that they don't care what you do in the testing center, so long as you don't open your backpack or cheat. He said that you're allowed to get up and take walks if it helps you.

So, I tried to update you a bit on my life. Is this at all satisfactory? I hope so. But anyways, take this to be my letter to you all. I hope that in time I will be better about updating! Have a great time with your lives and enjoy it.

Comments

If I were to read between the lines, I would say that "you" are the attraction for which the boys come during visiting hours. gwh
Hannah said…
If they're coming to see humans, it's my roommate, Michelle. She's a very beautiful girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?