Traveling the Trail

It has been a little bit of time, but I have made a goal to be better about blogging.  So, here I am once more, writing to the abyss.  Last Saturday, Caleb, my mom, Sarah and I loaded up the Big Red Suburban, named Zsa Zsa Gas-more, and set out on an adventure.  The summer was over, and it was time for me to return to, and Caleb to go to Brigham Young University.  We made our way through much corn, and paid many tolls as we traveled the trail.  Unfortunately, it did not come with snazzy music like in Oregon Trail II. It did come with music.  But not snazzy music.  On the other hand, no one got bitten by a snake.  On the other hand, we didn't gather any fresh fruit or vegetables.  On the other hand, we ate a lot of junk food.  On the other hand, we endured colds, lost voices and wisdom teeth removal. On the other hand, no one got dysentery, cholera or scarlet fever.  On the other hand, we didn't catch any fish or hunt any buffalo.  On the other hand, we didn't tip our wagon on the mountains.  On the other hand, we didn't get 500 acres of land at the end.

So, as you can see, it was a win-lose situation.  But we made it here.  And in some ways, that's all that matters.  And I'm ready for another year.

P.S. I think it would have been fun to start earlier and do the whole Palmyra to Kirtland to Far West to Nauvoo to Salt Lake City, since we have the perfect start point, but I had to work until Friday.

See snazzy music here:




Comments

cg.gwhatch said…
I'm glad for your new resolve about blogging.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?