Again Here

It seems that I keep on thinking of things that I should blog about, but then it never happens! School is back in full force, but I don't feel like I took enough credits this semester. I am not nearly busy enough. Main places my time goes this semester:

1) Classes. I'm taking Chem 107 (General Chem Lab), MMBio 241 (Molecular Bio Lab Techniques), PHSCS 121 (Physics 1: With Calculus. It's the one for physics and engineering majors, but I'm taking it anyways because I need physics, and my father really encouraged me to take this version), PWS 340 (Genetics), REL C 324 (D&C), REL A 211 (New Testament). I don't feel like it's enough. I have too much time on my hands. But, oh well.

2) Work. I'm an American Heritage TA. And where many TAs just go to lecture and grade papers every now and again, and then lead review before tests, American Heritage TA is a 10-20 hr./wk job. We prep lab sections (the 30-student section of the class we teach), grade, enter grades, lead reviews every week, teach new material every week, plus have office hours, plus attend all the lectures, do all the reading and go to meeting to coordinate with the professors and other TAs. It's CRAZY. But I'm really enjoying it.

3) Research. I'm doing some research for credit in Dr. Griffitt's lab. We study bacterial genetics. Particularly of our friend Sinorhizobium meliloti. My specific project is about transcriptionally silent regions of the S. meliloti genome. Basically, there are some places of the genome that exist, but the genes never get transcribed to RNA and thus never get translated to proteins. And we're trying to figure out: "If they're not transcribed, what DO they do?"

4) Writing. I'm still going strong with my novel. My best novel is almost done. It's getting really close.

5) My calling. I'm the co-chair of the Family History committee. I guess I'm just destined to family history.

6) Writing 2. I'm still freelancing a bit.

And then there's the little, itty-bitty other pieces. It's good in all. I miss you all. I miss my family. And I'm anxiously awaiting the birth of my second nephew! He's coming in November, and I'm very exciting. He doesn't have a name, but I'll let you know when he's born and such.

Comments

Amy R said…
Glad you blogged again. I enjoy your posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?