Words that only Seattle-lites can say

Since leaving Seattle, I've begun to compile a list of words only people from Seattle seem to be able to pronounce. Most of these are proper nouns, but here we go. I haven't thought of them all, I'm sure (I've just been writing them down as they come to me), but here it is so far. Also, if you want to try saying them, transcribing the pronunciation and then checking your work, feel free.

Sequim
Puyallup
Skoomuchuck
Wynoochee
Stillaguamish
Skokomish
Nisqually
Snoqualmie
Chamokane
Klickitat
Squillamish
Snohomish
Stillamish
Issaquah
Skykomish
Willamette
Enumclaw
Spokane
Kalaloch
geoduck

Comments

Evelyn said…
I believe I can pronounce a few of them correctly!

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?