I'm back

So, I kept on having ideas of what I was going to do to update my little thing-a-ma-blogger, but none of them were working out so well. So, here we go: I am back in school (yuck!), and I'm enjoying it for the most part. My schedule looks as so:

0. Seminary New Testament- I haven't really met my teachers yet. Thursday was the welcome back breakfast, and Friday was parent day...so I'll get back to you.
1. IB Biology 2- same teacher as last year, but not pregnant this time. I really like her. She knows what she's talking about and she's friendly.
2. IB Chemistry- I like this teacher too. She's a really friendly lady with this "Texan y'all drawl." And, especially compared to my Pre-IB Chem/Bio teacher, a VERY good teacher.
3. IB English 12- Okay. So, on Thursday and Friday we were discussing this story called, "The Witness" written by Jorge Luis Borges. I liked it when I read it myself. I interpreted it to be about legacies, and what we're leaving behind. By the end of the period, this teacher had turned it into a story about the evility of Christianity. He goes on about how there are no wrong answers, but when I put forth my idea, "You think that? Huh...anyways back to what I was saying."
4. IB History of the 20th Century- My teacher is SO ADHD. Oh my goodness. That guy can't sit still can he? Anyways, he's a hilarious guy. And History of the 20th Century is like history of dictators. Serious it's like Unit 1: WWI and Russian Revolution, Unit II: Stalin, Unit III: Hitler, Unit IV: Castro, Unit V: Mao, Unit VI: Cold War. It's great. But it's just...a set up for some interesting times with this guy.
5. IB Math Methods II/ Calculus- So it's going to take a little getting used to. You know how most math teachers make little arithmetic errors. Like losing a sign and that sort of stuff. My Pre-Calc did it like twice in the entire year. This teacher still knows what she's talking about, but she makes more errors.
6. IB French 2/ French 400- I still love this teacher. I've had her for going on three years now. Unfortunately, she's...swamped. The other French teacher got kicked out of teaching higher levels.
7. Theory of Knowledge (this IB Diploma capstone thing)- I love this class. It's laid back, but not slack off. It's fun without the teacher yelling at us. She jokes with us. I really like this class. People always ask what Theory of Knowledge is. Theory of Knowledge (TOK) is a required class for the IB Diploma. It's epistemology, and psychology and sociology and a lot of stuff. It's just about knowledge verses belief verses wish verses hope and all that sort of stuff. It's quite interesting. The first day, we came up with at least 25 ways to get paint on a wall, the second day we created shapes of tanagrams...it's pretty cool.

So that's that. My senior year goals:

1. Get accepted to BYU Provo (If not, I could go to BYU Idaho, but I don't want to, and I applied to Drexel--they waived my application fee)
2. Get a 4.0 first semester and at least a 3.8 second (I'm allowing myself senioritis. I'm terrible, I know)
3. Graduate from Suzuki (2 Concertos to go!)
4. Win NaNoWriMo (I have a plot)
5. Receive at least 3 scholarships
6. Advance to at least novice in all dances--in Irish dance (will take at least 2 feisanna, if I win in every dance...it could happen)
7. Receive my IB Diploma

Of couse, there's also graduate from highschool, but I didn't even bother to put it there. I'm stupid I know.

Oh, also my Stake Seminary is on probation, meaning that people weren't having good enough attendance...but that's another issue.

Comments

Congratulations, and I think the goals you have set are terriffic. gwh

Popular posts from this blog

Over-analyzing Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid--Why Eric is White.

Derevaun Seraun! Derevaun Seraun!

What does it mean to be a Russell?